K9 Nosework classes encourage dogs to use their natural instinct of scenting. These classes can build confidence for shy or timid dogs and are a great way to exercise high-drive dogs.
● These classes will build the problem-solving skills necessary for dogs to succeed in the sport of nose work. Classes are designed to be repeated, so you will get to see a variety of skills from beginners to experienced searchers. As your dog progresses, we will expand the skill level to elevated hides, vehicle searches, exterior hides, converging odor, corner hide, multiple hides, and more.
● Students should bring their dogs with a 6-foot leash, preferably on a buckle, martingale, or prong collar, and lots of high-drive treats (chicken, steak, hot dogs, cheese, etc). If your dog prefers toys over food, please bring several of his/her favorite toys.
● 8 novice dogs maximum for each session. Students may work with more than 1 dog.
● Dog-reactive dogs who can be safely crated in the presence of others are welcome. Older dogs and even handicapped dogs can participate in this sport.
● Class Fee: $60.00 per dog per session, $30.00 for a second dog
● Instructor: Linda A. Murray
● Wednesday Evenings 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
● Bring dogs on the first night of class!